Welcome to Dental Mama! To make sure you need to be here, do the following statements describe you?
- You have teeth!
- You care about keeping your teeth healthy!!
- You like saving money but dental insurance is a mystery to you!!!
You are SO NOT ALONE! I’ve worked in the dental industry since 2007 and based on my own personal experience, and the non-scientific survey of my dental friends, I would say that, oh, about 98% of people outside of the dental industry (and even many of them!) have NO CLUE about dental insurance.
I am here to change that! Want to know why? Because my favorite thing to do when I worked in a dental office was to EDUCATE people just like you about their plans so they could:
- Understand the treatment they need.
- Understand how their dental insurance works.
- Know their options.
- Get the MOST out of all those options so they can take care of their oral health.
For real, y’all (yes, I’m from Texas. I say “y’all”, a lot). I LOVE doing this. And if you’re not actually at the dentist, being told you need something by the dentist, and confused at the dental front desk, this might seem super boring. But when you DO go to the dentist and you DO get confused, you will not be bored. You will be glad I’m here for you!
You might not think you need me today, but trust me; this stuff can make you want to pull your teeth out! (See what I did there?) So here’s what you should do RIGHT NOW before you leave this page:
- Sign up for my blog to be sent to your email. This is how you can learn tips and tricks to pick the right plan for you and your family, maximize your plan, and general knowledge about the mysteries of the dental office. Again, when you don’t need it, you don’t need it. But when you do, you will be SO GLAD that I will be easy to find! This is the “Dental” part of Dental Mama.
- Follow Dental Mama on Facebook. Mostly, this is the “Mama” part of Dental Mama where you will see updates about me and my family. But also, it will be a place where you can interact with me, and ask YOUR pressing dental insurance questions (don’t laugh, it happens EVERY DAY and will PROBABLY happen to you!) and I will answer you!
- Don’t do Facebook? My kids don’t either and tell me it’s for “old people”. Don’t worry. They are grounded until they are old! You can find me on Instagram and Twitter, too!
I am crazy passionate about two things: Parenting my kids the best I can, and making sure everyone who wants it, gets the information and education they need to make the best decision for their family about their oral health. I’ve always told people that I KNOW there are far more interesting things to spend your money on than teeth (vacation, anyone?!), but they ARE body parts. I’m going to make it far less confusing so at least when you DO have to spend the money, you will understand your options.